On 25th May 2018, the European Union is upgrading its privacy laws to require greater transparency for how people’s private information is used online.
HotelQuickly is committed to the new higher standards of transparency for the way we protect the privacy of our customers.
It includes the following:
- Data-driven consent (optic policy, be transparent on how we view, access, and process data.
- Right to be forgotten (delete data, access & rectification, portability).
- Breach notifications (inform users and local authorities within 72 hours).
- Parental Control (we cannot collect data from children under 16 without verifiable parental consent).
- Compliance with all subjects for third parties (all third parties companies we are using to collect/analyze data must be GDPR compliant).
- Data protection officer (DPO): Emmanuel Fauvel, CIO of Rising Sun group (HotelQuickly is a subsidiary of Rising Sun) has been formally appointed.
- Comprehensible policy (policies to be easily understandable and in your language).
- Ensure privacy notices are present wherever personal data is collected.
- Implement controls to limit the organization’s use of data to the purposes for which it collected the data.
You are invited to read our FAQ on the GDPR.
We welcome your comments and thank you for using HotelQuickly!
Melissa is a passionate foodie, travel writer, and editor working in media internationally and in the USA. She has lived in Bangkok since 2004 and has a background in the travel industry. Melissa’s writing has been published globally in many prestigious online and print magazines for over a decade. Her motto for life is “You cannot live or love well if you have not wined and dined well!”